One of the great strengths of our law office is our focus on frequent communications with clients. We send update emails for every court setting and milestone. Our clients know where they stand at every point in the process. We promptly return all phone calls, texts and e-mails.
Criminal cases in particular come with a lot of anxiety and embarrassment. We try to guide our clients through the process with attention to both the legal issues and the emotional stresses that result from an arrest. As hard as it is to imagine when the memory of the arrest is fresh, it is often possible to turn these adverse situations into something positive.
While attending the University of Texas School of Law, I participated in the Criminal Defense Clinic where I was trained by some of the best lawyers in Texas. I quickly realized that criminal defense was the only type of law I wanted to practice. After graduation, I immediately opened my office and have been practicing criminal defense law exclusively ever since. I’ve handled over a thousand cases in my 13 years of practice – from first-degree felonies to Class C tickets. This experience is valuable because I’ve seen all the ways that cases can be dismissed. I leverage this experience for all of my clients, seeking to find the best resolution possible.
- Trinity University, San Antonio TX – B.A. in History 1992
- University of Texas School of Law, Austin TX – Juris Doctor 2001
- Austin Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Travis County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- State Certified Instructor for the DWI Education Program (DWIE)
- State Certified Instructor for the Drug Offender Education Program (DOEP)
Courtney graduated from the University of Texas Law School in 2010 and immediately began working for the Law Office of Charlie Roadman. She is a veteran of the U.T. Defense clinic and has practiced criminal defense exclusively since being licensed. She is a rabid Cowboys fan and loves her two dogs, Rico and Murphy.
- University of Texas, Austin TX – B.S. in Kinesiology 2006
- University of Texas School of Law, Austin TX – Juris Doctor 2010
Caroline graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law in 2014 after receiving her Bachelors from Southern Methodist University. During law school she worked with the Defender Association of Philadelphia and was the Co-Director of the Service-Member and Veteran’s Legal Assistance Project. She interned at the Travis County Attorneys office where she met Charlie and Courtney. She began working for the law office in December of 2014.
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas TX – B.A. in Finance and Spanish 2010
- University of Pennsylvania School of Law, Philadelphia PA – Juris Doctor 2014