I've been an Austin criminal defense attorney for over 18 years. I opened my own office immediately after receiving my law license and haven't looked back. Since then I've dedicated my career to representing people accused of breaking the law in Travis County. I enjoy every day of this job because helping people is built into my DNA.
My philosophy is to fight every aspect of the charge, while providing guidance to my client on ways to minimize the impact to their life. I try to show my clients that a criminal case is a great opportunity to make some positive changes, and that these changes usually result in much better outcome on their case.
- Trinity University – San Antonio, TX – B.A. in History 1992
- University of Texas School of Law – Austin, TX – Juris Doctor 2001
Austin Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Travis County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- State Certified Instructor for the DWI Education Program (DWIE)
- State Certified Instructor for the Drug Offender Education Program (DOEP)
Courtney graduated from the University of Texas Law School in 2010 and began working for us in December 2011. She is a veteran of the U.T. Law Criminal Defense Clinic and has practiced criminal defense exclusively since being licensed in November 2011. She is a devout Dallas Cowboys fan and loves her two dogs, Murphy and Rico.
- University of Texas Austin – Austin, TX – B.S. in Kinesiology 2006
- University of Texas School of Law – Austin, TX – Juris Doctor 2010
Caroline graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law in 2014 after receiving her Bachelor’s degree from Southern Methodist University. During law school she worked with the Defender Association of Philadelphia and was the Co-Director of the Service-Member and Veteran’s Legal Assistance Project. She interned at the Travis County Attorney’s Office, which is where she met Charlie and Courtney. She began working for us in December 2014.
- Southern Methodist University – Dallas, TX – B.A. in Finance and Spanish 2010
- University of Pennsylvania School of Law – Philadelphia, PA – Juris Doctor 2014