If you are arrested and charged with Assault, it is important that you understand your rights and what to expect throughout the legal process. Having a qualified, knowledgeable attorney on your side is crucial to the outcome of your case.

I have over 10 years of experience handling Assault cases, and I want to give you the benefit of that experience. You need an attorney who understands how to find facts that can be used in your favor and who has a long history of successful negotiations with prosecutors. Many Assault cases can be dismissed. See a list of our recent Assault dismissals.

My goal is to have your charge dismissed and removed from your record (expunged). I investigate all the details of your case and evaluate all police reports to build the best legal defense strategy for you. The complexities of dealing with an Assault case can seem overwhelming. Before we even start fighting the charge, the judge often puts conditions on the bond requiring classes and limiting contact with others involved in the incident. Let me guide you through the maze of requirements and help you avoid any violations of your bond conditions.


Q:Does it help if the alleged victim wants the charge dropped?
A:It helps, but it won’t make the case go away. Once someone is arrested, the criminal charge is “picked up by the state.” While the prosecutors usually take the alleged victim’s preferences into consideration, they are in no way obligated to follow their wishes.

Q: The alleged victim wants to sign a non-prosecution affidavit. Can you do that?
A: Yes. I am happy to meet with anyone that would improve our case.

Q: Is there anything else we can do to improve our legal position?
A: The best thing to do is try and change the circumstances that led to the arrest. I can advise you on anger management and alcohol counseling options and suggest other ways to convince the prosecutors that this was an isolated incident that will not occur again.

Q: I have a protective order. Can you help me with that?
A: Yes. A judge can consider new facts and decide whether to modify or remove the order.